ENS de Lyon
Deadline: 18 Dec 2017 (annual)
Study in: France
Course starts September 2018
The Ampère Scholarships of Excellence provide excellent international students with the opportunity to pursue one of the eligible Masters programs offered at ENS de Lyon.
ENS de Lyon, France
Level and Field(s) of study:
All Masters Degree Progammes in Exact Sciences, the Arts or the Human and Social Sciences offered at ENS de Lyon (except FEADép Master’s programs)
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship is 1000€ per month for 1-2 years.
You must be an international student. Contact the institution for eligibility requirements.
Applications are currently closed.
To apply, you must complete and submit the online application form and upload supporting documents by 18 December 2017, 12h00 pm (Time at Lyon – France).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://international.ens-lyon.fr/grants-and-scholarships-279258.kjsp?RH=TEMP-INTER
The University of ENS DE LYON gives Ampere andMILYON Excellence Scholarships to International students for pursuing Masters and Ph. D in Exact Science, Arts, and Humanities from the University.
About the Ampere and MILYON Excellence Scholarships
Offered for – Masters, and Ph. D.
Subjects for the Scholarships –
- Ampere – This scholarship is given to all subjects.
- MILYON – This scholarship is given for the research in Fundamental Computers and Advanced Mathematics.
Eligibility for the Ampere and MILYON scholarships
- An applicant should be an International student (non-French).
- He/ she should have obtained an education in the non –French language.
- The applicant should be in the last year of the Bachelor’s programme or should be studying in the first year of the Master’s programme.
Amount of the Ampere and MILYON scholarship
- Those applicants who are selected for the scholarship are given € 1000 on the monthly basis for the maximum period of 2 years.
Important Dates for the Ampere and MILYON Scholarship
- Every year, applications are invited from the International students in November and it gets closed in the 3rd week of December. Interested students must check the ENS DE LYON University website in November to know about the date of the application.
Application Procedure for the Ampere Excellence and MILYON Scholarship
- Interested applicants should visit the official website of the college to apply in November.
- All completed applications should reach the authorities before the closing date of the application.
- Applicants must attach following documents along with their application form –
- Complete CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Motivation Letter – It should state the vision and mission of the applicant for the course.
- At least 2 Reference Letters from teacher/ professor who have been associated with the work of the applicant.
- Copies of the diploma or degree certificate.
- Students who are applying for the Master’s programme in Humanities, Arts, Languages and Social Science should submit –
- An applicant should submit a summary of his/her research project in 3 pages in the French language. It should highlight the research –methodology, and bibliography indicators. It would be better if an applicant should also enlist publications of the research or his/her participation in colloquia.
- The applicant should also produce certification for the French language like DALF, DELF, or TCF.
- Those applicants who are applying for the research in the Exact Sciences should submit a proficiency certificate in French(DALF, DELF, or TCF) and English (IELTS or TOEFL).
About the ENS DE LYON University
- The ENS DE LYON University is counted among the top 10 best small universities in the world. It holds 4th rank in France and 157th in the world.
- The ENS DE LYON University offers courses in the multidisciplinary subjects. It strives for excellence in the field of scientific research. It encourages innovative approaches in research practices.
- The University facilitates training that fits well with the professional requirement of the students. The trainings imparted to students follows the international practices and hence have international recognition.
- In order to provide a holistic view to students over any topic, teachers and research department work together. There is the ‘Junior Lab’, where Master’s and Doctoral students are given opportunity to interact with each other.
- The University has a very healthy teacher and student ratio. On an average, there is one teacher for every three students. Also, the university collaborates with the world’s the best colleges and universities to provide best education to students. Presently, it partners with 214 colleges/universities of the world.
- The ENS DE LYON University funds Masters and Ph. D programmes of International students through scholarship grants. Some of the scholarships given by the university are – Ampere Excellence, MILYON Scholarship, Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, Special 8 scholarship for students of the European Union, and funds for the doctoral students.
To know more about the Ampere and MILYON Scholarships, click on the provided link –